|SOS Biz Rally for Hawaii’s Irish Pub’s Customers: |
With the August 1 re-opening of tourism pushed back to September 1, the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii is organizing a Capitol rally on August 1, with details below.
We ask that you, as interested parties, show up:
When: Saturday, August 1, 10-11am Where: Hawaii State Capitol Rotunda Masks are mandatory, with physical distancing.
· Businesses need help! The state needs to lead in creating proactive, long-term efforts to stop a mass closing of local businesses.
· Businesses were planning for August 1 reopening of tourism. We were just 3 weeks away from August 1 when the Governor announced his postponement of reopening of travel.
· This is after as many as five months of being closed—five months of lost revenue. Many businesses are at their breaking point.
· The Chamber of Commerce Hawaii also encourages our state leaders to finalize a testing and screening protocol that we can count on—as businesses and livelihoods will be counting on being able to take our leaders at their word more than ever.
· Now that the quarantine has been extended, we need immediate stabilization funding to help businesses make it through the month.
The Chamber of Commerce Hawaii are working on creating a tombstone sign to represent each business that has closed with the onset of COVID-19, for rally attendees to use. Restaurants closed down due to COVID-19 such as Top of Waikiki, Gordon Biersch, and Jimbo will be remembered with the tombstone. The Chamber of Commerce Hawaii hopes to potentially, get permission to have these tombstones placed on the Capitol lawn for display, following the rally. T he Chamber of Commerce Hawaii anticipate a short speaking program and media coverage.
Click link to sign up for the SOS Biz Rally Click Here
- Music at Hawaii’s Irish Pubs this Friday & Saturday!
- 6-26-2020 – Dave Turner – at Hawaii’s Irish Pub’s Friday Happy Hour, in 4K.